1) They are better looking than you: Tall and blond, short and brunette…doesn’t matter. People here are presentable.
2) And yet they are humble about it: Gloating just isn’t a big part of the culture.
3) They are confident and assertive: The concept of I-can-do-anything-if-I-work-for-it is understood here from an early age. But as per #2, they aren’t cocky about it.
4) They ride their bikes everywhere: There are 10,000km of bike lanes here, in a country the size of a thumb tack on the map. This means that basically every single street in the country has bike lanes, on both sides!
5) So they are probably fitter than you: Cycling tends to have that effect.
6) They are more tolerant than you: Nobody cares if you’re gay. Or you smoke marijuana. Or you’re “ethnic”. Just do you.
7) They understand moderation more than you do: People love to drink here. They just don’t drink to the point that they are stumbling all over themselves.
8) They understand other cultures better than you do: You can drive to about five different countries, which speak different languages, in less time than it takes you to share this post with all of your friends.
9) They like flowers: Yes, ladies. Flowers are dirt cheap here. He has no excuse not to show up at your door with a colorful and fragrant bouquet of tulips.
Trackback from your site.